Issue with Printing Classlist

I was just printing my classlist. The list is sorted alphabetically but when I select all students and click on Print, the print preview pop-up shows my list in (it seems) Username order. It doesn't seems to matter whether I sort first by last name or first name, the print preview always presents the list sorted by username (which in my org is a student number).

What is going on?
Tagged:

Answers

• Brian.S.372
    Brian.S.372 Posts: 2 🔍
    Don, we have the same issue here at U of Scranton. I reported it yesterday. From D2L -
    "After further verifying this issue we've confirmed it's related to an existing defect. For your reference, the defect number is 02056986. Our development team is looking into the issue, however, we don't have an ETA on the fix. I will move this case to the Known Issues list. "

Brian Snapp
  • Hi Don.R,

As noted by Brian.S.372 this appears to be a known defect 02056986. Please open a case with the D2L support team to note you are experiencing the issue and you'll be notified when a fix is rolled out. From what I can determine the sort order when printing is defined by the users userid. This is an auto generated value when a user account is created in Brightspace.

One workaround would be to copy the content of the page a drop it into excel, and sorting the values as needed. Alternatively, if you have access to the datahub tool or can request the Enrolments and Withdrawals dataset from your Brightspace admin team. This dataset contains the classlist information you need. See https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/4539-list-of-advanced-data-sets#enrollments-and-withdrawals .

Hope this helps!

• Pamela.D.673
    Pamela.D.673 Posts: 6 🌱
    edited September 9

We are having the same issue at Regis. I submitted a ticket and the Product Support Analyst provided the following:

"Please know that a software defect has been submitted to our Development team for further investigation and advise regarding a resolution. The defect tracking number is 02049283."

The tracking number is a completely different number.