Where are student submissions after a course merge occurs stored?

Mayra.S.5890
Mayra.S.5890 Posts: 3 🔍
edited September 4 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary
I'm aware the data such as assignment submissions already submitted in a course does not reflect in the new merged course (once this happens). Is there any way for administrators or instructors to access this student data? Is it stored somewhere accessible? A use case for this would be papertrail or a backup of student submissions in case that needs to be accessed later on.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Andrea.M.553
    Andrea.M.553 Posts: 87
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I am assuming by your question that the students have submitted assignments prior to the course being merged with another course. You are correct that those submissions will not follow them when the course is merged. You can still view the submissions if you have access to the course.

If you view the Classlist of the course offering the students previously existed in before they were merged into the other course offering, it should be empty. However, you can click on Enrollment Statistics.

On the bottom of that page, you should see a section called Withdrawals where all the students that existed in that offering previously will be listed. Click the chevron next to a student's name, and select View Grades.

From there, you will be able to see all the grades, assignments, quizzes, etc., along with their submission files.

Let me know if that helps!

Best,

Andrea

Answers