Equation editor - default size and does the Scale all Math setting cover an subject, unit or

I am working on a Math subject and we are finding different font sizes for the equation editor. I have a few questions:

1. What is the default font size in the equation editor (and what is the default font?)
  2. See attached image - When you scale all Math, does that cover the subject (eg Math 101), a unit (eg Module 1), or a folder (eg Topic X - multiplying fractions)?
  3. When you scale all Math, is that just on a user-by-user basis for a personal view, or does it present scaled to all those in the site - both instructors and students?
  4. Is there a reason why equations are temperamental in call out boxes and accordions - they may be present in student view, possibly instructor view, but never in edit mode - it's just a blank space and you need to click on the correct part of that space to find the equation to edit?

Thank you again, I know I ask many questions.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Sue.S,

All questions are good! I have a couple of answers for you regarding the MathType editor, but not all. I recommend having your support team open a case with the D2L Support team to provide a response for those issue/questions I 'm unable to respond to, or in which you need additional information.

1. The default font and size in the MathType editor is Arial 16px. This can be seen in the code view in the MathType editor. The display view in a quiz always appears to use the Times New Roman font.
    2. From my testing when changing the scale it applies across all subjects in which you are using the editor, and rendering the questions.
    3. Again from my testing the scaling only applies on a user-by-user basis for a personal view.
    4. Please open a case with the Support team to investigate.

Hope this helps!