Checking when student was admitted to Brightspace?

Dear community,

I am trying to figure out how to confirm the date a student was added to my course Brightspace. I do not admit students manually, when someone is on the waiting list and there is a free spot, students get automatically added. The question here is how to check when they first got added, and not when their last log-in was.

Thank you very much!

Answers

• Hi Erendira,

Learner Enrolment and Withdrawal information is available in the: Users tool (under Admin tools) > Enrollment Log; Enrolments and Withdrawals Advanced Data Set; and Brightspace users data sets.

You'll need elevated role permissions' to access these tools if you can't already access them. Alternatively, your institution's system administrators can hopefully provide the information via an Analytics Report (if your institution has access to the tool) or from one of the locations mentioned above.

Another alternative, albeit not a good one, is to create an Intelligent Agent with a release condition using date of enrolment in current org unit, and have it send you an email for every user that has an enrolment > 1 day. When running it the first time you'll get all user enrolled, but thereafter you'll receive an email for each new enrolled user user after 1 day. This means the notification you receive will be for users enrolled yesterday, and not in real-time.

Hope this helps!