Evaluating an assignment (6 points) - asked for 'overall grade' (4% weighting)

I had set an assignment to be weighted as 4%, marked out of 6 points. However, when I go to do the actual evaluation I'm only presented with the 'overall grade' showing a mark out of 4. How do I get the 'points' to show up instead of (or at least in addition to) the weighting mark?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆
    Answer ✓

@Bart.O.6611 It's a little confusing because if you change the max points in the assignment, it will automatically update the max points in the grade item. However, if you change max points on the grade item, it will not update the max points in the assignment and they will be worth different values (which isn't too much of a problem since just the percentage gets sent from the assignment to the grade item anyway).

If you haven't graded any assignments yet, you can just change the max points in the assignment to 6 and it should be fine.

Answers

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Bart.O.6611 Hi Bart, are you able to share screenshots of the assignment and the Manage Grades screen? It sounds like there might be a mismatch of maximum points between the assignment and the grade item (this is possible if you changed the max points in the grade item after the assignment was created).

• Bart.O.6611
    Bart.O.6611 Posts: 14 🌱

I probably DID change the max points in the grade item after creating - I was fiddling around with points and weighting to get what I wanted, didn't realize that would cause a problem.

• Bart.O.6611
    Bart.O.6611 Posts: 14 🌱

DUH…. (me)

OK, thanks for pointing that out.

Glad it was an easy fix, at least! :)

Appreciate the quick replies to sort out me missing something pretty obvious.

I have a feeling it'll happen again…!