Different Assignment options when accessed via NCE?

Hello,

An instructor has run into an issue in which she created a text-submission assignment that students can only access via the New Content Experience (She removed the link to Assignments in the Nav bar to ensure students view the lesson). Unfortunately, when students access the assignment via NCE, they don't have all the rich text options. However, when I preview it as a student and access it via Assignments (not through NCE), the usual rich text options appear. Is there a way to make the assignments more consistent regardless of how it is accessed?

Thanks,

Yildiz

Answers

• Hi @Yildiz.N.829 . The rich text editor is available from both places, though they are indeed different and require some action from learners.

On the left is an assignment from the New Content Experience (with d2l.Tools.Content.LessonsRenderActivitiesInline turned on) and on the right is the same assignment from the Assignments tool. Both views are as a learner. For the New Content view on the left, a learner can click within the text box to type to get the abbreviated toolbar we see in the image. If they select the Fullscreen option that my mouse cursor is hovering over, they'll then get the traditional editor toolbar we see on the right side.

I hope this is helpful.

Craig.