Regarding Quizzes

I'm new to Brightspace and want to record the grades for a 10 point multiple choice quiz I gave in class (not on Brightspace). All I want to record on Brightspace is the number of correct answers each student got on the quiz e.g. 7, 8, etc. (no percentages, letter grades, distribution, etc.) How do I do this? Also, how do I release or email these grades to my students? I find the instructions on both these issues very confusing. Thanks for your help.
Tagged:

Answers

• Megan.S.88
    Megan.S.88 Posts: 105

Hi Sanford - I think that you could use an In-Person/Observed assignment with a score out of 10. You could then manually score these and then publish the feedback to learners to receive their score.

• Sanford.K.6341
    Sanford.K.6341 Posts: 4 🔍
    Thanks Megan. I appreciate your help and I'll definitely check this out. One further question: how do I publish the score/feedback? Is there an easy way to do this if I use an "In-Person/Observed" assignment? I found the instructions for publishing quiz grades very confusing.
  • Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Sanford.K.6341 I think it will be easiest to just create a grade item in the grade book and enter scores and feedback on the Enter Grades screen for that item. You can change the settings so that students only see points and no percentages (for the entire grade book or on individual grade items). You can even upload a CSV file of the scores instead of manually typing them in, but unfortunately you can't upload written feedback this way. However, there is a bulk Add Feedback option on the Enter Grades screen if several students are receiving the same feedback.

• Sanford.K.6341
    Sanford.K.6341 Posts: 4 🔍

Thanks so much Jennifer. I'm definitely going to try what you suggest. This is my first semester using Brightspace and while I've found many things easy and straightforward the quiz section had me stymied.