Using data from BS on external resources like JotForm via replace strings.

Taras.M.136
Taras.M.136 Posts: 3 🌱
edited September 2 in Accessibility

Previously I've modified links in NavBar with "?email={UserName}" to make BS provide that type data to the respective field within JotForm form and it worked in external window.

Recently I've been asked to put such links within pages with various course content and noticed that in that case it seems to work only in embedded browser mode within BS.

In case if I make such link to open as external resource then the JotForm fills respective field with "{UserName}" instead of the actual username from BS.

Could someone explain to me the reason why modded link works for external page when in Navbar and it doesn't when it's elsewhere on BS and if there's a way to make it work as well?

Tagged:

Answers

• Megan.S.88
    Megan.S.88 Posts: 105

Hi Taras,

To make sure I understand your question can I rephrase?

Why does a Brightspace Replace String in a URL work inside of Brightspace, but not Externally?

Is that the question?

• Taras.M.136
    Taras.M.136 Posts: 3 🌱
    edited September 4

In my case replace string works externally for JotForm in case if the modded link is in Navbar and it doesn't work when the same link is located somewhere within a course materials. In the latter case I need to deselect check box where it says to open that link via Brightspace externally in order for replace string to work.