Can students see quiz questions and answers after completion in a single-attempt quiz?

Hello,

I’m teaching a course with four sections, and I’ve set up a quiz in Brightspace that is limited to one attempt per student. The feedback settings are configured to release all questions and correct answers after the quiz. I want students to review their mistakes. However, I need to ensure that students cannot go back and view the quiz questions and answers after the quiz is completed, as I plan to use the same quiz across all sections.

Question:

Can you confirm if students will be able to see the quiz questions and answers after they’ve completed the quiz? Are there any quiz settings I need to adjust?

I’d appreciate your guidance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello,

I am a bit confused as to what you would like to accomplish. Do you want them to take the quiz, immediately see the questions and answers after they have submitted it, but then never be able to see the questions and answers again at a later date?

• Dieg0.B.877
    Dieg0.B.877 Posts: 4 🔍

Hi Andrea!

Yes, that's what I need to do. I want students to see their quiz feedback, but I don't want them to share the quiz with students from other sections.

In case anybody else wants to do something similar, here are the instructions that a colleague sent me:

One-time view of exam and results after submission

- There is no one-time view option, but you can limit the amount of time that students can spend seeing the results. Depending on the length of the test, it could be 5 to 30 minutes. It could be 2 weeks, but you can only limit the time, not the number of views. This is done by the following

- When Building or editing an unattempted quiz on the edit screen, go to the Evaluation and Feedback Section

- Check the box "Attempt Grade" under "When published, display to learners:" and select no questions.

- Then click "Customize Quiz Results Displays"

- Click Additional View (leave the first one as is)

- Set the display time as the quiz start time

- Check the box "A limited amount of time (in minutes) after submission"

- Add your time

- You can add a message telling them they have X amount of time to view the results

- Change "Question" to all questions, then select the checkboxes that apply (they will appear after you select all questions)

- Then Press Create. Then Ok

- You will get this message saying it has been added

• Megan.S.88
    Megan.S.88 Posts: 105

Hello,

If you've setup your quiz to show the learners the questions and correct answers after the quiz, they'll be able to view this feedback when they go back to review the feedback on their Quiz List Page.

You could manage this by going into "Customize Quiz Results Displays" and then going to "Add New" This is when you'd be able to show all questions and answers and also limit it to a specific amount of time after submission.