Content Authoring - change template version default for all courses

Sasa.B.287
Sasa.B.287 Posts: 22 🌱

How do I change default shared folder to a new HTML template version? Currently it's version 2, and I want to change default path to version 3. Where can I find those options?

Best Answers

• Matt.W.287
    Matt.W.287 Posts: 58
    Answer ✓

Hi Sasa

This is set in Admin Tools > Config Variable Browser > d2l.Tools.Content.TemplatePath.

This CVB allows for you to set a default for the whole site and still have different 'override' values at select courses. Add a table entry (or edit the existing one) for your Organization level and set the path accordingly (Ex: /shared/HTML Templates/Version 5/ ).

Notes:
    1. To find your Organization OU#, go to Admin Tools > Org Unit Editor. The Organization is displayed on the 'landing page'
    2. It's helpful to have your various versions of HTML templates all organized in the Public Files area under a common parent folder to make it easier to browse for different non-default templates at the course level, but DON'T MOVE THEM if you've already used these templates in your courses. Moving the templates around in Public Files will result in broken links and other undesired impacts to your course content.

I hope that's helpful!
    Best,
    Matt
    Learning Administration Manager

• Sasa.B.287
    Sasa.B.287 Posts: 22 🌱
    Answer ✓

Thanks.