Intelligent Agents - is there a setting to "reset" after sending an email?

Aloha—

I currently have an IA set to email students who have not logged into the course in three days as a courtesy reminder. After the email is sent, I do not want to keep spamming their email boxes every day, which is what is happening. I would like the act of sending the email to restart the three day counting period so that if a student does not sign in on days 1-3, they will get a reminder on day 4, and then if they do not sign in on days 4-6, they will get another reminder but not until on day 7.

Currently, I do have some students in my course who do not sign on during the week as they have blocked off time to do their schoolwork on the weekend. Therefore they get the reminder on Thursday and Friday and Saturday until they go onto the site. I would like them to have one reminder during this. period. Because the majority of my students do work on the course during the week, I don't want to set the time period to be five days as that is too long for the rest of them. So is there a function – because I don't see one – to allow the sending of the IA email to act as a resetting point for the agent?

Susan Jaworowski

Answers

• Hi Susan,

You may be able to solve your issue with changing your scheduling on the IA to run every 3 days instead of every day. This change will make it so that the IA will only search for students that haven't accessed the course every 3 days instead of each day.