Shuffling questions from sections

I'm sure I'm missing an easy step but wanted to see how this can be done:

I have say 50 questions from a chapter. Chapter has 5 sections, so 10 questions from each. They're not sectioned out, just a big file of 50 questions.

I place all questions in my question library, and I create 5 sections, and place the respective questions in each section.

In my quiz, I create 5 question pools, and for each pool, I pick one section and tell Brightspace to randomly select 3 of the 10 questions. So a 15 question quiz.

When I randomize at quiz level, it does something like all section 3 questions first, then all section 1 questions, then section 5 questions, etc.

How do I make it so that the first question is say from section 5, the next question randomly from section 3, then 1, then back to 5, etc.? Do I need to put a random section in the quiz and put all my pools into that first?

Thank You

Kevin

Answers

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Kevin.H.200 I've tested this before and could never find a way to get the questions from different pools to shuffle together. The questions for each pool always remained together even if they were put in a section with all the shuffling options turned on.

• Kevin.H.200
    Kevin.H.200 Posts: 13 🌱

Thanks Jennifer. Hopefully someone from D2L can confirm that's the case. I've been racking my brain trying to think of ways to make this happen and the only way I can think of is create one pool and have it pull from all 5 sections. But that potentially doesn't guarantee I get an equal amount of questions from each section, or potentially even not get any questions from a certain section, depending how many I have.