Bug - Gradebook giving incorrect grades for Quizzes?

Jason Kenji.H.6718
Jason Kenji.H.6718 Posts: 4 🌱
edited July 24 in Development
Something has gone weird with my gradebook in which multiple students are receiving the same incorrect grade regardless of result.

My quizzes are set to be 20 questions worth 100 points total, and Brightspace is giving 10% to all attempts regardless of how the student actually did (I included examples where three students should have different scores of 95%, 80%, and 100%, but Brightspace is giving them all 10%.)

There's no error in scoring because when I open up the submission and attempt logs, they all display the correct percentages of their previous attempts.

I double-checked that all of the Quizzes were linked to the correct items but it doesn't seem to have fixed it.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jason Kenji.H.6718
    Jason Kenji.H.6718 Posts: 4 🌱
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Jennifer.W.973 , sorry about the lack of images in the previous post (not sure why the attached images didn't upload) but here is a picture of one of the quizzes affected (Qz03-C19 in this example)

Here are the settings for the Category in the Gradebook:

Here are the settings for that quiz:

Here are examples of the Gradebook giving students the 10% regardless of actual score:

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆
    Answer ✓

@Jason Kenji.H.6718 I'm not sure why that happened, but you should be able to clear out those scores and get the correct ones to sync to the grade book. Go back to the list of quizzes, click the down arrow by the title, and choose Grade. Then select all the students and click Retract Feedback. That will clear out the scores in the grade item. Then select all students again and click Publish to send the scores to the grade book again.

Answers