A way to email all learners at once.

Hello,

Our organization is trying to find a way to communicate with all our users of our learning platform (Brighspace) all at once. This can be like an email sent for new announcements, a newsletter, etc.

Is there a way we can mass email all users from within Brighspace? If so, how? Because so far we have not found a way to do that.

Tagged:

Answers

• Andrea.M.553
    Andrea.M.553 Posts: 87

Hello,

This would depend on how many users you have in your platform, your mail configurations, and your role permissions.

If an admin who has the permission to access and email all users, they could use email tool and add every user to the BCC field, and send this email.

There a number of mail configuration variables to keep in mind, such as d2l.Tools.Mail.DailyRecipientSendLimit.

I suggest you look over all your mail configs and your role permissions to make sure they all look set up correctly to allow this.

Best,

Andrea

• Raied.G.368
    Raied.G.368 Posts: 4 🌱
    edited July 2

Hello Andrea,

Than you for the response.

We have 17000 users (and growing). Would that be a problem? And I am a super-admin user so I can change the limits if there are any.

As mentioned before, we want an efficient way to communicate with all users at once for any changes or requirements that we have on our platform. You have mentioned an email tool, where would you find it in Brightspace? Is it an extension or an API you have to enable? And is it just like an Outlook email template where you would have to add each user manually (which would be impossible to use for us, given the number of users we have) or is there a way we can just 'tick a box' and all users are selected, so we can send one mass email?

• Andrea.M.553
    Andrea.M.553 Posts: 87

That does seem like too many users to use the email tool efficiently, because you would have to select all by page (max per page is 200).

The email tool is under the under the Message Alerts Icon.

Is using a Global Announcement not an option to communicate with all of your users? This should reach all of your users, especially if they have enabled notifications for announcements.

• Raied.G.368
    Raied.G.368 Posts: 4 🌱

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I think the email tool has been disabled for now. Regarding the Global Announcement idea, we did think about it, but because there are constant announcements there and not every user accesses the sites on a regular basis, we wanted a communication method that would guarantee they would receive that critical information. And so, their work email, we thought, would be the method. Is there a way (an extension or and API) where we would be able to select all users all at once, instead of like you said 200 at a time?