Open in new tab not working from Assess Discussion screen

Sarah.M.699
Sarah.M.699 Posts: 10 🔍
When grading a discussion in the assess discussion screen: I try to open the topic score link in a new tab, I get a blank page. Attached is the link I am clicking. I can't add a second screenshot for the window I am getting when clicking this link, but it says "about:blank#blocked".

I have tried all the standard fixes for browser issues, restarting, making sure its up to date and whether I have pop up blocker on. A colleague can reproduce this issue.
Tagged:

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 542 admin
    edited July 22

Hi @Sarah.M.699

This article shows what we're hoping you'll see when you want to Evaluate a Discussion.

If this isn't working and you continue to see that error message, the next step would be to connect with your School's IT Help Desk to begin a support investigation.

Thank you for reaching out here in the Brightspace Community

• Sarah.M.699
    Sarah.M.699 Posts: 10 🔍

The link you added is broken, I can't see the content.

Brightspace is inconsistent in being able to open content in a new tab. It should be possible to open any (within Brightspace) link in a new tab. I could do this in Blackboard without issue.

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 542 admin

Hi @Sarah.M.699
    I'm so sorry about that broken link, I've just edited it now so that it will correctly link you to the documentation on the expected experience for how to Evaluate a Discussion.

Your feedback here and in the Instructional Design Best Practices Group has been shared with our Product Team.

Thank you for sharing back with us!