What are replacement strings in other languages?

95% of our courses run in English however a few are in German, we have awards set up to release certificates with the students name, course, and date on. For the english courses we use the course end date and the replacement string {OrgUnitEndDate} to put the date of completion on the certificate.

When uploading this certificate to a German course set to the German language it still gives use the date in English. (Etc. Wednesday 5th, June) Should the replacement string be different to have the date show in German or is there something else that can be done?

Tagged:

Answers

• Olly.F.893
    Olly.F.893 Posts: 71

I'm not 100% sure of the answer to this, but I can see you've not had any other suggestions, so I want to see if this works.

In the config variable browser, there's a config called d2l.Region.PreferredOrgUnitLocale. If you change that to German for that org unit, I'm wondering if the certificates will work with the English replace strings, but will generate the certificate text in German.

I think it's possible for an end user to have set their own locale, but you can also force it for particular org units with d2l.Region.ForceLocale

I'm not sure if that's the answer, but I'd recommend testing it in a sandbox to find out.