Competency tool vs Learning Outcomes

Options
Christina.J.487
Christina.J.487 Posts: 2 🌱
edited March 13 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

How will the transition from using the Competency tool to Learning Outcomes as the primary tool affect courses? Do we have any insights into when this migration might take place?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 277 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Christina.J.487 ,

Thanks for connecting with the Brightspace Community! What a great question😀

I'm eager to learn along with you about the impact and timeline of learning outcomes, so I've connected with product experts to learn more. Stay tuned!

Also, in case it's of interest, I'm linking to our on demand resource from our event to highlight the new Outcome Achievement Dashboard.

• Susan.K.10
    Susan.K.10 Posts: 5
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Christina.J.487,

One consideration to make when switching from the Competency tool to Learning Outcomes is around which Content Experience your courses are using. Classic Content only supports associations with the Competency tool, while New Content Experience supports both Competencies and Learning Outcomes (although only one can be set up in each course).

Regarding when a migration is to take place, this is currently dependent on your organization's own timelines, and an analysis around which tool best meets the needs of your organization.

Answers

• Christina.J.487
    Christina.J.487 Posts: 2 🌱
    Options

Thank you for the feedback. I guess we will see how the courses that currently use the Competency tool will be affected once Learning Outcomes is the only tool supported.