oAuth - how to get user's ExternalEmail

Options
Retrieve.D.984
Retrieve.D.984 Posts: 2 🌱
edited March 12 in Development
A customer of ours has asked us to build an oAuth Login option into our product from their Brightspace platform.

We have the oAuth wired up, and I can use the oAuth code to call /users/whoami but this only gives me the user's Brightspace id (Identifier) - I need to get the user's ExternalEmail which I don't appear to be able to get anywhere except for /users/{userId}, and while I have the userId, this user does't have permission to call /users/{userId}.

Is there something like /users/whoami that gives the exteranalEmail or way for users to get their own /users/{userId}?
Tagged:

Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 126 admin
    Options

Hi there, for a specific situation such as this, it would be best to connect with your institution's Brightspace support team. If you need assistance with contacting your support team, please let me know and I can connect with you via DM here in the Community.

• Retrieve.D.984
    Retrieve.D.984 Posts: 2 🌱
    Options

@Alex.V.58 can you connect me with support please? I don't have a solution to this problem yet. I am hoping there is a setting that opens up api permission to call /users/{userId} for one's self.

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 126 admin
    Options

I will send you a DM!