Disable WebCam option in Kaltura DMS 3.0/My Media/Insert Stuff

Options
Andy.F.437
Andy.F.437 Posts: 33 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

We use Kaltura/DMS 3.0 integration and have had some confusion recently where faculty try to launch the webcam recorder instead of CaptureSpace Lite. There don't appear to be any settings to disable the option.

If you try to launch Webcam Recording from within the My Media interface, you get an error message saying that the action requires flash. However, if I go in to Insert Stuff, then My Media, and try to launch Webcam there, it doesn't work and you need to scroll to see the error.

daylight_insert_stuff_webcam

(caption: image shows insert stuff window with my media sub-window and a message that says flash not available. There are two awkward scroll bars on the right that are a result of the daylight update)

I'd really like if I could just remove the WebCam option to avoid the confusion.

Tagged:

Answers

• David.Robinson9954
    David.Robinson9954 Posts: 3 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

In the Kaltura KAF, under Application. there is a Enable Webcam Yes/No setting. But I'm not sure if this is it or not.

• Jacqueline.K.327
    Jacqueline.K.327 Posts: 6 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

We have the enableWebcam set to No in our Kaf and we do not see the webcam options that @Andy Freed​ was seeing, so I believe @David Robinson​ is right that this is the setting you're looking for.

We don't have an option to launch CaptureSpace Lite from the Insert Stuff menu. Instead, we added a link to our KMS on our course navigation in D2L and users follow this to launch CaptureSpace Lite and create or upload videos. This has been working well for our users since we set up the integration last summer.

• Andy.F.437
    edited November 2022
    Options

Closing the loop here. Per @David Robinson​ 's recommendation, I was able to disable the webcam option in the KAF. Once I found out how to access the KAF. 😁

• Andy.F.437
    edited November 2022
    Options

Oddly enough, we ended up using Language Management to hide the WebCam option from Insert Stuff because it still shows up even when enableWebcam is set to false. Just wanted to add that tidbit in case someone else encounters it.

• Tony.Hoang3818
    Tony.Hoang3818 Posts: 1 🌱
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi Andy, I'm currently encountering the same issue where the Webcam option is disabled, but the option still appears in the integration. Can you explain further by how you changed it in the Language Management? Thanks!