Throw out a quiz question

Options

Hi All,

Got a question the other day about quizzes from an instructor. He realized after students submitted and had graded a quiz he created that there was a question that could have been misinterpreted by students, leading some to get the incorrect answer.

I showed him how to edit the question so that all students in the class got full credit for the question no matter what they answered. However, he was more interested in throwing out or exempting the question for everybody. So for example instead of a student originally getting 8 out of 1 0 questions right for a grade of 80%, they now received 8 out of 9 correct, for 88% grade.

Is there a way in Brightspace to completely throw out a question like that and have grades update? Can it be toggled as a bonus after the fact?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tagged:

Answers

• Mandi.S.261
    Mandi.S.261 Posts: 14 🧭
    Options

I've not seen anything to indicate that's an option. I know my faculty often choose to award full credit in these situations as you suggested, but they could be interested in other alternatives so this is an interesting idea.

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 241 🌟
    Options

@Kevin.H.200 It's not possible to change the maximum points a quiz is worth after students have taken it within the quiz tool, but there are a few ways you can adjust points in the grade book to fix quiz grades depending on if you want to give students extra credit, full credit or no credit for the question.