Adaptive release by date/time

Options
kate.s.707
kate.s.707 Posts: 12 🌱
edited February 23 in Training

Hello

does anyone know how I set/create adaptive release for a date/time rather than on a 'condition'. If I go to View release conditions on a content folder it seems to give me every option but date and time

Best Answer

Answers

• Megan.S.88
    Options

Hello @kate.s.707 - I think that you're looking for Availability Dates: You can set start/end/due dates on content topics. Combined with release conditions, you can release these topics only to certain groups of learners on the availability dates.

• kate.s.707
    Options

Thank you @Megan.S.88. Do you know the difference between due date and start date? we just want to 'hide' a folder of content until day 1 of a course. thank you

• Paa.B.823
    Paa.B.823 Posts: 5 🌱
    Options

Hi @kate.s.707,

Due dates are the final date by which a learner can submit their work. If the end date is after the due date, students can still submit their work, but it will be marked as a late submission.

Start dates indicate when learners can begin their work. If an assignment is visible but has a later start date, it means students can see the work but will not be able to complete that work until the start date has passed. I hope this explanation has been helpful.

• kate.s.707
    Options

hello @Paa.B.823 sort of, thank you. I have a unit with learning materials that we don't want learners to see prior to day 1 so if I set a start date for day 1 of the course that will then show the materials once that date arrives? Its not for submission of work by learners

• kate.s.707
    Options

thanks so much @Paa.B.823 !