Roadmap question: What kinds of question types will this AI generate?

Options

The following was taken from the Product Roadmap for Fiscal Year 2025 Q1: 

Artificial Intelligence: Generate Quiz Questions | Beta Program - Restricted |Easily generate assessment questions using your Brightspace content with AI technology.

D2L is committed to providing users with AI-powered tools, streamlining content creation workflows through generative AI while still ensuring human control and oversight. This capability will initially be available as a Beta in North America.

Learn more about D2L's AI principles.

What I want to know is: when it says "generate quiz questions," will these questions be limited to the existing question types or are there are new question types on the horizon?  If the latter, then great!  If the former, then it 100% misses the demonstrated needs of 250+ voters on the PIE:

BrightSpace quizzes in need of critical updates (D9656)
Create New Generation NCLEX Question types for Quizzes (D6377)

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 457 admin
    Options

Hi @Mike.B.559
    I've connected with the folks working on the Beta and they've confirmed it's the former- only existing questions.
    I have also shared your feedback with that Team.

• Mike.B.559
    Mike.B.559 Posts: 113
    edited February 23
    Options

Thanks for looking into this Stefanie. On a related note, when an idea's status says "Gathering Feedback", where exactly is that feedback being gathered and from whom?

• Stefanie.B.518
    Options

Hi @Mike.B.559
    I'm so sorry I missed your note here!

One of the sources of that Feedback will be PIE but there are others like In-Product Feedback or User Experience Research that the Product Team will take into account when planning for the Product Roadmap. Members of our wider Product Team including Product Managers, Designers, and UX Researchers will review this data to help set the direction of the roadmap.

Each of these activities are described in more detail here https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/17894-our-approach-to-product-feedback

• Mike.B.559
    Mike.B.559 Posts: 113
    Options

Thanks Stefanie. So, how does one provide "In-Product Feedback" or participate in "User Experience Research"? My exclusive area of interest is "innovation of Quiz Question Types and the workflows to create them." I have already joined the "participant database".

• Stefanie.B.518
    edited February 29
    Options

Hi @Mike.B.559
    For the User Experience Research, you've signed up in the perfect place!

There aren't any open studies happening right now- but when User Research Studies open the Product Management and Design Team will use that sign up to find participants.

In the case of quizzing there aren't any in-product feedback areas that you'll be able to interact with at this time.

There is a super rad UX opportunity that was just posted for API Reasearch. I'll try to ensure we're posting in Community Updates for other opportunities like this one.