Please see below regarding gradebook percentage not to exceed 100%

Options

Please see the screenshot of the gradebook below. How does an instructor fit weighted items in all categories to not exceed 100% ?

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Options

Hi James,

Instructors have the option to manually or have Brightspace automatically distribute the weights across the grade items. See the section Grading in https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3553-manage-grades-in-the-grades-tool#create-a-grade-category

Hope that helps!

• Leah.B.729
    Leah.B.729 Posts: 2 🔍
    Options
    HI! This is Leah. Im the one who had the gradebook problem that James posted for me but at the time I didn't have an account. I have just created an account so now I'm up and running!

The probelm is that somehow I have duplicated certain assignments and the duplicates have (1) next to the name. I cant seem to remove the original ones and the students have turned in the assignments under the duplicates. I'm also pretty new to Brightspace and have been watching a ton of tutorials for almost two weeks now but I'm feeling so frustrated that there isn't a place I can go to ask for help after putting hours of work in to try to fix this. I starting to get worried that this will still be an issue at the end of the semester in April. Is there anyone out there who can personally talk me through fixing this?
  • Leah.B.729
    Leah.B.729 Posts: 2 🔍
    Options

This is Leah again! Hello! I figured it out. How to fix the duplicates. Good news - it can be fixed and the gradebook can be balanced. Bad news, the duplicates remain in the gradebook (although not visible to students) so it can be a bit jumbled if you have several duplicates like I do. Here is how I fixed it. Go to "Grades" then click the "Item" then edit the item. Next, place the item in "category" and in the drop down menu click "none". Last, under "weight" put zero and save. Be well everyone!