Group Enrollment in Brightspace

Options

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a setting to allow students to enroll in multiple groups? A quick search shows me that students can only enroll in one group at a time, but is there a way to allow students to be a part of multiple groups?

We're looking to use the Brightspace platform to allow students within a course to self-enroll into multiple groups. In this case we are offering multiple projects and want to students to indicate interest in a project area - but they can indicate interest in multiple project areas. We want to allow the students to indicate interest in mutiple projects to ensure equal distribution between areas of interest/projects. Vs students only being able to select one potential project.

Hopefully this makes sense?

If there's a better tool to be using - please let me know!

Thank you,

Olivia

Tagged:

Answers

• Bharti.B.332
    Options

Hello @Olivia.R.64,

Thank you for reaching us through Brightspace Community!

Currently, a student can only self-enrol in one group within a category. The instructor would have to manually enrol the students in additional groups or create multiple categories.

However, there is a PIE request that speaks similar to your query that you can upvote for our team to review this idea.

Groups: Option to allow a student to self-enrol in multiple groups within a category. (D455)

We highly encourage upvoting the idea to raise visibility and participate in the comments section of the idea with your inputs and suggestions.

Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharti

• Olivia.R.64
    Olivia.R.64 Posts: 4 🔍
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for the information!

Do you know if there's another tool in Brightspace with a similar function that could be used instead?

Olivia