D2L quiz release working for some students, not all

Options
Madison.R.61
Madison.R.61 Posts: 2 🔍
I set up a quiz with the release conditions to visit lecture materials/modules. All students have visited the right materials at this point, but only some students can see the quiz. I've checked the release conditions, checked that students have visited the right content, so I don't understand why D2L isn't showing them quiz at this point?

Answers

• Iwona.S.533
    Options

Hi @Madison.R.61

We are sorry to hear that some students have reported problems with accessing the quiz even after meeting the release conditions.

Could you please submit a support ticket so our support team can look into the issue?

Thanks,

Iwona

• Miriam.J.576
    Miriam.J.576 Posts: 4 🔍
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem: Most students can access quiz, yet a few cannot, even though they have met the release conditions. Help!
  • Miriam.J.576
    Miriam.J.576 Posts: 4 🔍
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem: Most students can access quiz, yet a few cannot, even though they have met the release conditions. Help!
  • Ricardo.S.110
    Ricardo.S.110 Posts: 123
    edited March 11
    Options

@Madison.R.61 and Miriam.J.576

The scenario you are reporting - your students have met the necessary release conditions but only some can actually see the activity that is supposed to be released-, usually happens when there is an update to the release conditions in place after your course has been set up and students have started taking it.

In this community article about Release Conditions, you will find a list of best practices for creating/managing release conditions. The first one says the following:

• Set up conditions before learners access the course: Create all of your course materials and set up your release conditions before the course opens to learners. This gives you a chance to check for mistakes in the conditions or for circular, contradictory, or unnecessary conditions. If you add new release conditions after learners have accessed the course, learners might be confused by resources disappearing. Since conditions cannot be reset, you also risk having learners meet conditions before your resources are ready (for example, accessing a content topic before it is finished).

I hope this is helpful.