"Start Quiz" Not Showing for Learners

For some reason learners are not able to view the "start" quiz button:
- start date was set to earlier today and due date and end date are set as the same
- Timer setting is set as "Asynchronous: Timer"
- quiz is connected to the grade book

Not sure what I might be doing wrong here, any advice.

Best,

Maria

Answers

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 357 🎆

@Maria.B.191 Hi Maria, are you viewing as a learner or did a student report not being able to see the button? The view as learner feature does not allow you to take quizzes so you won't see that button when testing.

• Cathy.P.22
    Cathy.P.22 Posts: 4 🔍
    I have the exact question. I am viewing in Learner mode and do not find a Start Quiz button. Any help is appreciated.
  • Jennifer.W.973

@Cathy.P.22 Viewing as the learner doesn't allow you to submit quizzes. You will need to impersonate a student in the course, if your institution has that feature enabled.

• Andrea.P.760
    Andrea.P.760 Posts: 2 🌱

Hello,

My learners are encountering the same issue when trying to access a quiz. If I log in on my own learner account I can see the 'start quiz' button, however if I impersonate the learners that are stating they cannot see a button, it doesn't show up for me.

One learner sent me this screenshot, has anyone come across this before? any advice would be gratefully received!

• Jennifer.W.973

@Andrea.P.760 No questions have been added to that quiz. It is possible for students to start quiz attempts on quizzes that are empty (not sure why or what the use case would be).