Group Assignments - Do Individually

Options

hi there, I am wondering if we can have group assignments this way:

• 4 groups, each group has a specific assignment linked to it
  • students randomly placed into these 4 groups and submit individually - marked individually also

The purpose of this is to have 4 different type of assignments and thus lower the chances of plagarism. The reason we are using Assignments(dropboxes) rather than Quizzes is because our instructors would like the ease of using rubrics.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 127 admin
    Options

Hi Maaz, you do have the option to create 4 groups of different students, and then to create 4 different individual assignments and assign them via Special Access.

You'll want to:

1. Create the groups & assign students to those groups.
    2. Create the individual assignments.
    3. Manage Special Access by Groups.

If you need further assistance with this, I'd be happy to help you connect with your institution's IT Help Desk. Please let me know if you require that information and I will send you a DM!

• Moaz.M.734
    Moaz.M.734 Posts: 8 🌱
    Options

Thanks so much for sharing this - very helpful as we are testing it out a few different options!

I was wondering would this copy over let's say if the course got copied, would the special permission settings copy over, or I would have to go in again and set the special permissions for the new copied course?

I'm guessing it is the latter, but just wanted to make sure… thanks so much once again for your help with this!

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Moaz.M.734 ,

Thanks for the update. If you copy all the components from the course, then it should copy the release conditions (Create release condition for specific group in assignments) added in assignments but special permission should be user specific and it will not be copied properly.

Please let us know if you need any further clarifications on the same.

Thanks,

Sangeetha