Customizing unit tab colors in Lessons view (part 2 πŸ˜‰)

Options
Remko.S.95
Remko.S.95 Posts: 5 🌱
edited November 2023 in Accessibility
Hi all!

I just found this discussion topic and was posting a reaction because I had exactly the same question: https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/discussion/3312/customizing-unit-tabs-in-lessons-view

Since it seems to be impossible to comment on a discussion marked as "Answered" I've made this new question here in the Accessibility-section. Let's paste my comment here:

πŸ™‚ I, too, would really like to change these unit tab colors.

πŸ§‘β€πŸ« Being a designer and visual thinker myself I know how important color-coding can be in communicating the right structure / concepts to students. For some neurotypes (of people, students) it this is more important than for others, but in the end everyone profits (subconsciously) from well chosen colors that are aligned throughout a course.

πŸ€” I can imagine it's impossible to have this functionality being implemented before my course starts in January, so:

❓Is there a workaround (CSS?) at this moment?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• Alex.V.58
    Alex.V.58 Posts: 126 admin
    Options

Hi Remko! First of all - thanks for all the context you've given here. As I'm sure you've seen the answer on the other discussion post, I will only add to the information previously given by my colleague.

In our Product Idea Exchange, there are some similar product suggestions to this one you've raised. I would encourage you to vote and/or comment your thoughts on this suggestion to help bring this to the attention of our Product team.

Thank you so much for your valuable insight.