Adding a result from a final external exam

Options
Debbie.T.406
Debbie.T.406 Posts: 21 🌱
edited November 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

Following a course, we need to add a result from a final external exam for each learner so that the tutor can see the outcome and we can report on results for the class.

What is the best way to do this?

Tagged:

Answers

• Lindsay.S.331
    Options

Hi @Debbie.T.406! If you mean that the exam was taken outside of Brightspace and you want it added to the gradebook, you can create an item in the gradebook and manually input the exam results. Alternatively, if the results are listed in a spreadsheet, you could import the grades by selecting "Import" from the gradebook. You will then have access to a template csv file that can be uploaded. If the grade item does not yet exist, be sure to select "Create new grade item when an unrecognized item is referenced:

• Debbie.T.406
    Debbie.T.406 Posts: 21 🌱
    Options

Many thanks Lindsay - this is very helpful.

What are the fields required for the csv Grades Import file? Sorry I the sample you sent doesn't open up when I click on it.

Is it possible to upload the results for multiple courses using one spreadsheet provided I add the course code using for example bulk upload?

• Sangeetha.T.629
    Options

Hi @Debbie.T.406 ,

Thanks for the update. You can fine the required fields by following below steps

Go to grades tool in any course where you would like to import —→ Enter grades —→ click import option and you will find sample import file as shown in the screen which will give you the csv which you can refer.

You will need to create one file for each course where you would like to import. Unfortunately, the required field does not have course code to add multiple courses.

Thanks,

Sangeetha