Limited Permissions in Course Despite Being a Super Admin

Options

Hi,

I'm a Super Admin for our Brightspace environment. Prior to becoming super admin, I was enrolled as a section instructor in a few courses. After becoming Super Admin, for some reason, I was still not able to access that course as anything other than instructor. I could see myself enrolled as a section instructor but not see any options to change the role. I could not see any permissions beyond what a section instructor has (e.g. no editing of navbar, enrolments, etc.). I don't know if this was a bug or not.

I asked another super admin to unenrol me from the course and thus remove the section instructor role from me, to see if that changed anything. However, while I was successfully unenrolled as an instructor, I was then not able to see the courses in my course list, despite being Super Admin.

After seeng these errors, my colleague, who is a super admin as well, enrolled me back on those courses as Super Admin via CSV, and now I have full access to those courses again as super admin.

My question is: why did this error occur and is there a way to avoid something like this in future? My colleague informs me it may be because I was enrolled as Super Sdmin manually and that everything has to be done by CSV enrolment instead. If accurate, do you have any further guidance on this, so we can prevent it happening in the future?

Regards,

Answers

• Prithvi.A.303
    Options

Hello @M.J.645

Thank you for contacting us via Brightspace Community!

May I suggest you to open a support ticket with us for us to further investigate this issue please?

Kind Regards,

Prithvi