👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

How to Turn Off Spell Check in Fill in the Blank Quizzes

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱

I found an article that says spell checker can "be turned off for all quizzes at the org unit level". I have no clue where to do that. Can someone explain where I need to go?

Tagged:

Answers

• Bharti.B.332
    Options

Hello @Chelsey.Y.865

Thanks for connecting with the Brightspace Community.

Config variable d2l.Tools.Quizzing.ShowSpellCheckInAttempts determines whether the spell checker is displayed for users when taking a quiz

Under the variable, you can put your desired org unit to turn the feature on or off.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharti

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Options

@Bharti.B.332

I have no clue where to find this. I don't know what a config variable is.

I've looked under Course Administration and then Tools. That's where I would expect to find this, but it's not there….

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 242 🌟
    Options

@Chelsey.Y.865 Configuration variables can only be set by D2L admins at your institution. It's probably someone in your IT department. It's not something that can be changed by regular users.

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Options

@Jennifer.W.973 So if I ask the D2L admins at my institution to set this does it affect all teachers or only the teachers who choose to turn off spell check?

Once it's set can I turn off spell check myself as a teacher or does that need to be done at the admin level as well?

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 242 🌟
    Options

@Chelsey.Y.865 It will most likely set it for the entire institution, but your admins might be able to add exceptions for individual courses (if they are willing to). I don't believe instructors would have any control over it within courses.