Creating or importing new users from a course

Options

Good day,

I'm wondering if its possible to customize or even change some of the settings when creating a new user via the Classlist.

For example, if you attempt to use the Create and Enroll user you don't have the option to set a username and the Org Defined ID is a required field.

But if I use Import Users from file option, Org defined ID is not required, I can't set a password and I still can't set a username.

Or perhaps there's a way I can change the username format somewhere in the config variables?

I know, this can be done under Admin functions, but for our usage we only want to let them do this at the course level if at all possible.

Thanks for any help or insight you might be able to provide.

Scott

Best Answer

• Sreelakshmi.N.546
    Sreelakshmi.N.546 Posts: 80
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching us through Community.

You can use the Form : NewCoursePartcipant to set the fields that you want to use when creating a user from Course Classlist.

Admin tools → Form elements → New Course Participant.

See a Sample screenshot below

Also, if you want to set OrgDefinedId and Username as required fields here, click on the field name ( in the LeftPane) - then click on Edit button on the right side pane and set the field as required. See a sample screenshot below

Should have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sreelakshmi

Answers

• Scott.B.223
    Scott.B.223 Posts: 6 🌱
    Options

Thank you Sreelakshmi! In my many years I've never used this function. Thus, I've learned something new today.
    Have yourself a wonderful day!
    Scott

• Scott.B.223
    Scott.B.223 Posts: 6 🌱
    Options

Sorry, one follow up question:

We'd like to use Email as the login. However, the system doesn't allow it via the course. Where might I be able to fix that? We're able to use email if we create accounts via course merchant or if an admin creates them.

Scott