👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Spaces that I Need Deleted

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱
I would like every line to look like line number 1 with location and object and the two blanks all on one line. However, number 2, 3 and following have an extra space that is added. I have tried html and everything else I can think of to make this space after 2. location: go away.

Thanks in advance…

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 201
    Options

Hi Chelsey,

I found the following settings in the Fill in the Blanks quiz question to work:

with spellcheck turned on
    blank 1 size=20
    blank 2 size=20
    and repeat

with spellcheck turned off
    blank 1 size=30
    blank 2 size=25
    and repeat

Also check that all the paragraph html tags etc have been removed that enclose the text location & object. You should end up with:

Hope that helps!

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱
    Options

@Chris.S.534 !!! I have wanted to know how to turn spell check off since I think it clutters things… I just didn't think it was possible. Please let me know how to turn spell check off…

I don't like that "fill in the blank" questions require correct spelling. I have instructed students to copy and paste from a word bank that I have created, but what I really wish is that it were possible to do "drag and drop" quizzes or "drop down menu" quizzes.

What I discovered in the meanwhile re: spacing was that I can't get spaces between 1. location and 2. location. As soon as I put an extra space there it looks like my screenshot. I would prefer a space between the questions, but if it's not possible, I can tolerate it. One quiz I was modifying has 15 questions though so it seems really intense to have all 15 questions touching each other. Maybe spaces between questions aren't possible…

Thanks for your help :)