Pagination not working with Sections in quiz

Options

I have two sections sequentially one after another in a BrightSpace quiz. The first one is visible to students. The second is not. Under "Timing & Display" - "Paging" I have set it to "Add page break after each section". There are no questions in the first section. It is just some descriptive text introducing the second half of the quiz…but I can't put the content into the next section because I am using the second section as a divider for different question types.

So…the problem appears to be that: when you have a "Section" containing no questions followed immediately by another "Section" that is not visible to students, the system does not insert a page break between the two.

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 201
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi Mike,

I've reproduced the issue described and cannot find a workaround for you. In this instance best to open a case with the Support team to investigate. They can troubleshoot with you further and determine if the behaviour is a defect that needs to be addressed, or if the tool is working as intended. Hope that helps!

• Bharti.B.332
    Options

Hello @Mike.B.559

It appears this issue is related to a current defect related to Page Break after each section ignores empty section.

Once confirmed, details should be posted to the Known Issues List, reference defect 01839976. You can bookmark the Known Issues List Updates discussion if you would like to be notified when new items are being added.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharti Bhardwaj

• Mike.B.559
    Mike.B.559 Posts: 114
    edited July 2023
    Options

The term "empty section" is ambiguous. To clarify, in this instance the term "empty" refers to a section that does not contain any question items as opposed to a section with no textual (or other) content in the "Section Text" box.

• Mike.B.559
    Mike.B.559 Posts: 114
    Options

This is an actual link to the Known Issue itself.

• Byron.C.352
    Byron.C.352 Posts: 1 🌱
    Options

We'll be watching this issue as well. We have curriculum developers with quizzes that cannot be used until the page break problem (1652695) is fixed.