👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

How can I make announcements stay up instead of requiring click to show

Options
Vince.A.211
Vince.A.211 Posts: 4 🌱

How can I make announcements stay up instead of requiring click to "Show all Announcements". If this is not possible, is there an alternative widget to "Announcements" that would work the same way on a home page, but not remove them? Also: What causes announcements to become hidden from view? Is it just evolved time or does it involve lengths newer announcements too.

Tagged:

Answers

• Bharti.B.332
    Options

Hello @Vince.A.211

Thank you for reaching us through Brightspace Community!

Announcements have a date associated with them, and the announcements widget is shown in order according to the date. Changing the date on an old announcement to "now" should make it appear at the top.

However, there is a PIE request that speaks similar to your query that you can upvote for our team to review this idea.

Ability to Pin Announcement to the Top. (D7111)

We highly encourage upvoting the idea to raise visibility and participate in the comments section of the idea with your inputs and suggestions.

Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharti

• Vince.A.211
    Vince.A.211 Posts: 4 🌱
    Options

I'm not to worried about it appearing at the top. I'm just wanting the announcements not to auto hide them. I wish the widget had a properties tab that allowed the announcements