👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

What information is Brightspace capable of pulling from a SCORM Package?

Options
David.B.921
David.B.921 Posts: 4 🔍
I've created a Module in Storyline 360 that has many Survey based questions, where the student inputs their answer into a text field and submits it etc.

Is their any way for the teacher to review the students answer in Brightspace after the student completes the module?

I've tested my Storyline Module on SCORM Cloud and it's all running smoothly. Answers to Survey questions do get published from Storyline when publishing for LMS.

Just trying to find out if it's possible for Brightspace to pull that information.

Thanks!
Dave

Answers

• Chris.S.534
    Chris.S.534 Posts: 201
    Options

Hi David
    The following resources highlight what data is captured in Brightspace from a users interactions with SCORM objects.

https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3620-track-activity-and-user-progress-on-scorm-objects

https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/3562-what-does-brightspace-report-on-for-scorm-objects

In general after reviewing the SCO in Scorm Cloud the information presented in the Debug Log with LMSFinish('') highlights some of the information that is sent by the SCO to the LMS. This will not include the individual survey responses rather will provide a higher level picture of the user interaction with the SCO with completion status/score etc as programmed into your activity, along with user interaction data such as attempts/time and so forth.

Hope that helps!

• David.B.921
    Options

Thanks for the response, Chris!

So is it possible to pull that information in Brightspace? Still not sure.

The user text submitted in the survey questions appear in published SCO, so I'm just trying to narrow down what Brightspace is capable of presenting to the teacher when a student submits an answer to a survey question.

Thanks!

Dave

• Jennifer.W.973
    Jennifer.W.973 Posts: 241 🌟
    Options

Hi @David.B.921

To check student responses, go to Content -> Table of Contents -> Related Tools -> View Reports (OR click the gear icon on the left and choose View Reports if using the New Content Experience) and click on SCORM Reports. Then click on the title of the Storyline activity.

You will have to click on each student's name and then Interactions in order to see the text entered as the Learner Response and the Indentifier for the slide might be something like Scene1_Slide1_Essay_0_0 instead of the actual text of the question. You can export this page as a CSV file using Export Report.

Last time I checked, it did not seem possible to export one CSV file containing all of the students' responses from D2L, however if you have access to Insights Report Builder, I have an ETL data flow you can try.

• David.B.921
    Options

Thanks Jennifer!

This was great information. After a bit of troubleshooting getting admin to see all the SCORM features for a course, I was able to view the SCORM Reports.. The information isn't exactly displayed nicely, but it's what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Dave