How to grant participant roles to other D2L users?

I am an Author in Domo. I shared a card with a D2L user. This user did not have access to the card. When I checked this user role in Domo I the user has a social role. I need to grant this user a participant role so the user is able to see the card. Also, I do not have permission to grant a different tole to another user as an Author. Someone knows how can I give the user the role he needs so he can see the card?

Thank you.

Answers

• Hello @Maria.K.378

Thank you for contacting us via Brightspace Community!

In Domo, the Viewer role is initially provisioned (by D2LAutomation, based on the user’s Brightspace role + permission “Can Use Insights Report Builder”) into Domo as Social and is promoted to Participant upon first login.

So based on that as soon as a user access the Insights Report Builder there role is then changed automatically from social to participant.

Should you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact.

Regards,

Bharti

• Maria.K.378
    Maria.K.378 Posts: 3 🌱
    edited June 2023

Thank you so much for your help @Bharti.B.332

So, the user that has role permission "can use insights report builder" needs to go into d2l and access the insights portal first. So the user will be able to see the card I shared with them because his role has been changed automatically from social to participant role?

I also wanted to confirm. Is "can use insights report builder" the only permission the user needs to be able to see the cards? or there is another permission that the user needs. For example in the screenshot I see "can see engagement Dashboard" and I was wondering if this box is required too to see the cards.

Thank you very much.

• Bharti.B.332
    Bharti.B.332 Posts: 94
    edited June 2023

Hello @Maria.K.378

Thanks for your update.

Once a user logs into Domo, user's role will change from "Social" to "Participant".

Please follow the below article for more details on roles and required permissions to use Insights Report Builder. https://community.d2l.com/brightspace/kb/articles/4549-administering-insights-report-builder

I hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Bharti

• Steve.B.446
    Steve.B.446 Posts: 74

That Social role will change to Participant once the user logs in to Domo, in my experience.