Error 403 when creating a new user via API request

Options
reynaldo.junior
reynaldo.junior Posts: 6 🌱
edited May 2023 in Development

Hi,
I'm trying to create a new user using a Postman request, but I'm getting error 403 (Forbidden). I already tested the whoami request and was successful (status 200); my username has all the credentials to create a user, and I'm using the scope "core:: user::" when creating the token.

Is there something I am missing?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Paul.P.783
    Paul.P.783 Posts: 12
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @reynaldo.junior,

Generally speaking, a 403 error (not authorized) could point to any number of permissions. To identify the issue, you could either create a discussion with other developers in our Developers Group, found here, or submit a case to our Support team to get the details and take a look further. Or choose both, whatever works for you.

Please keep us posted if you find a solution and completed your intended workflow.

Hope this helps!

• reynaldo.junior
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks @Paul.P.783

I will do both.

Answers

• Ian.P.710
    Ian.P.710 Posts: 25
    Options

So looking at this the scope I think should be users:*:* not user:*:* Other than that is if you also need a OrgDefinedId some sites are setup to require one.

However I would say change the scope and re authenticate as a first step.

• reynaldo.junior
    Options

Hi @Ian.P.710

Thanks for your reply.

You were right, the correct syntax should be "users:*:*", but unfortunately I'm getting the same error.

• Heba.A.271
    Heba.A.271 Posts: 85
    Options

Hi Reynaldo,

Thank you for reaching Brightspace community.

This error is related to your permission , meaning you don't have permission to create a new user over the system. Can you check your role permission for Users tool, 'Create a User in the Database' ?

Hope this helps!

Regards,

• reynaldo.junior
    Options

Hey @Heba.A.271 ,

My role is Super Administrator, here is a screenshot with the database permision:

• reynaldo.junior
    Options

Thanks @Paul.P.783

I'll do both.