How to Enable Google Meet

Options
Kelvin.I.690
Kelvin.I.690 Posts: 12 🌱

I'm currently trying to create a Google Meet session on Brightspace, however I get the following error.

I can't find documentation on how to set this up or troubleshoot this, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Tagged:

Answers

• Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 181 admin
    Options

Hi @Kelvin.Ingente698 ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Brightspace Community!

We have a number of documentation pieces for using Google Meets.

I hope this helps in providing documentation! If you have any additional questions or feedback, please feel welcome to reach out to us!

• Kelvin.I.690
    Options

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've gone through all you've sent before I posted this. The first one are instructions for teachers, currently no one in the org can do this at the moment. The second one are a list of config variables that I've already looked into as well. Lastly, I've also contacted Google support and was informed to get documentation from the LMS provider.

• Heba.A.271
    Heba.A.271 Posts: 85
    Options

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for sharing the updates. Since Google Meet is an integration that comes built into Google Apps you would need to ensure that Google Apps( Google Workspace) is configured .

You may start by checking the :

1-Configuration for google Workspace

2- Manage Google Workspace account

Are you able to set the link to open in a new tab under the setting ?

Hope this would help !

• Kelvin.I.690
    Options

Hi Heba, I appreciate the response. I've used the two documents you've provided unfortunately, the instance I'm using does not show "Google Workspace Administration" under the Admin Tools and I'm currently a super admin of our Brightspace instance. How would I have this enabled? Thank you!