To configure Google Workspace settings
Google Workspace-specific configuration variables are configured from the Settings page, eliminating the need to use the Config Variable Browser to set those configuration variables.
Important: To avoid overriding Google Workspace settings, D2L strongly recommend that you do not change settings from the Config Variable Browser.
- From the Admin Tools menu, or in the Organization Related section of the Admin Tools widget, click Google Workspace Administration.
- Click Settings.
- Modify the following settings as needed:
- Under Google Client Ids, the Client ID and Client Secret fields allow users to automatically authenticate their Google Workspace for Education account without needing any secondary intervention on the administrator's part. For more information on setting these field values, see Set up an API project and service account for OAuth 2.0.
- Under Tab Visibility, the Mail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive options allow administrators to choose which tabs are visible in the Google Workspace widget. This provides control over the Google Workspace functionality that is available to users. If an administrator hides a tab in the Google Workspace widget, that tab option is greyed out in the Tab Visibility settings.
- Under Document Submission Options, select one of the options:
- Export as PDF option requires that Google Document submissions are exported as PDF files. This is useful for preventing users from editing Google Documents after submitting them and enables tools like Turnitin to perform document analysis.
- Export as DOCX, PPTX, or XLSX provides additional options for Google Document submissions.
- Under Workspace Access:
- The Full access option allows administrators to use a service account and Google Directory API to manage Google Workspace accounts.
- The Read-only access to Google Directory API option allows administrators to enable read-only access to Google Directory API. Enabling this setting removes the NewUser, Suspend Accounts, and Restore Accounts options on the Manage Users page in Google Workspace Administration.
- The No service account option enables administrators to integrate Google Workspace with Brightspace without the need to configure a service account on their Google Workspace.
- Under Provisioning User Settings, the Provisioning User Type options allow administrators to specify how Google Workspace user accounts are managed. For more information on these options, see Google Workspace account management scenarios.
- Click Save.
Perform a Google API health check
To diagnose potential issues with the Google Workspace integration, you can perform a Google API health check to determine if your Client ID is configured properly and if the Google APIs are available.
- From the Admin Tools menu, or in the Organization Related section of the Admin Tools widget, click Google Workspace Administration.On the Manage Users page, click API.
- If there is an issue, for example a Google API is not available, click Details for more information.
- Click Close.