Inquiry about Brightspace Widget for Displaying Announcements as a Slider or Carousel

Rogelio.d.245
Rogelio.d.245 Posts: 31 🌱
edited April 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

I would like to inquire if there is a widget in Brightspace that has the ability to display announcements in thumbnail size and then slide to the next. This is very similar to an image slider or carousel, but instead of images, it shows and slides announcements. If yes, please let me know how to use it.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Aasim.Y.704
    Aasim.Y.704 Posts: 122 ⏸️ Inactive
    Answer ✓

Hey @Rogelio.del.Cano2021,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the Brightspace Community. You can explore creating custom widgets in Brightspace.

Custom widgets allow you to expand the functionality of available content in your homepages to suit your specific organizational and course needs. You can add custom HTML code to create a wide range of widgets. As an Instructor, you can create custom widgets for your courses, or use custom widgets shared to your course offerings from the organization, department, or semester level.

Your administrator may have chosen to implement an additional safeguard on custom widgets called ‘sandboxing’. When a custom widget is sandboxed, a secure iFrame is created around the widget and prevents scripts from executing outside the widget. You can view if a widget is sandboxed or not on the list of custom widgets. Un-sandboxed widgets are not unsecured per se, but should only be created by trusted roles.

I am not aware of a specific out of the box widget that performs in the form of an announcement carousel currently! Please connect with your IT Support team to explore best support avenues. I hope this information helps.

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 38
    Answer ✓

Create a Google slideshow, File > Share > Publish to the web, Embed tab, Choose settings > Publish, Paste the embed code in a D2L widget.

Answers