πŸ‘‰ Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Point Value of Quiz

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱

How can I change the total point value of this quiz (the circled section below)? The quiz had 40 questions, but I have eliminated 20 of them. It still says it is worth 40 points.

Does this really matter since I can have the points be whatever I would like in the starred "Grade Out Of" section?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Rusha, that is what my original question was. When I looked at the questions individually inside the quiz there was no option that impacted the total points.

I have since figured out that I needed to click on the quiz, select "More Actions", and then select "Set Points" in the pop up menu.

• Jason.H.500
    Jason.H.500 Posts: 37 ✨
    Answer βœ“
    Options

The numbers don't have to match. The points from the quiz questions (the bottom number - 40) will be scaled to the grade item (the top number - 25). This lets you weight individual quiz questions without having to worry about your overall gradebook.

E.g.,

38/40 β†’ 23.75/25

27/40 β†’ 16.875/25

Answers

• Rusha.S.831
    Rusha.S.831 Posts: 105
    Options

Hello @Yeslech,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Brightspace Community!

The 'Total Points' from the screenshot shows the total points of the quiz questions, so if you want to adjust the points, you can adjust the points allocated to the questions in the quiz individually.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Rusha

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Options

Jason, thanks β€”that makes sense :)