Is it possible for students to choose 1 written response question out of 3 choices?

Options

I’d like to create an essay test in BrightSpace where students can pick which essay question they want to answer. How do I do that?

Tagged:

Answers

• Jonathan.H.679
    Jonathan.H.679 Posts: 8 🧭
    Options

Since this is going to be an essay test, grading doesn't need to be automatic. I'd add all 3 questions, and make 2 of them extra credit, and make them all the full value of the essay test. That way no matter which question they answer, they will get full credit.

Another option would be to create a section will all 3 eassy questions in the description, and make a single essay question with the prompt, something like “Type your response below”. that way, students are only answering a single essay question.

• Olly.F.893
    Options

Personally, I think I'd go for the latter of @Jonathan.Hedrick5626‘s two suggestions. Many exam formats on paper have people choosing one of a number of questions, so it may not be a problem for the learners to see the three questions in the description and simply choose which one they write a response to. This keeps it fairly simple from an administrative point of view.