👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Importing a Quiz from another Course

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱

I have imported things successfully in the past from one course to another, but for some reason, I can't port two particular quizzes. When I port the quiz, it shows up in my “Quizzes” section, but I can't find it in the content of the course at all.

Does anyone know what can be done to remedy this???

Best Answer

• Sarah.W.171
    Sarah.W.171 Posts: 18
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi there,

If the Quiz is under the Quizzes tool already, all you have to do to ‘add’ or link it into your content area is to select “Add Existing” in content, and then select the quiz from the list of all the quizzes that are in your course. It should then appear within that content module as a way for students to easily access it. At this time though, the quiz is in your course by the sounds of it!

Answers

• Dmitry.L.956
    Options

Hello Yeslech,
    Content and Quizzes are two separate tools,
    You can create Quizzes directly inside specific modules; however, you may also create a quiz under Quizzes, in order to decide later where to place it in the content.
    The question is: when you copied Course 1 to Course 2, did you copy everything, or just selected modules?
    If you copied everything AND the quiz was originally contained in one of the modules of the Course 1 but does not appear in the respective module of the Course 2, then we would suggest opening a support ticket.

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Options

This is a quiz that was originally ported over from a different platform onto the D2L platform.

I wanted to port only that one quiz from one course to another course (not copy the whole course). Is there a way that I can add the quiz to the content of the new course if it appears under “Quizzes” of the new course? Or do I need to recreate the quiz from scratch/open a support ticket?

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Options

Hi Sarah, I hadn't yet ported the quiz to the new course successfully. This is very helpful! I have to train myself to think of things as separate like Dimitry mentioned… Thanks :)