Assignment tool moves page numbers in heading to left

Options

Viewing a students submission on Brightspace shows the page number on the left and when you download the same submission and open it in MS Word the page number is on the right.

APA formatting states the page numbers should be on the right, so points would be deducted if only viewing the submission on Brightspace. I would like to grade on Brightspace with the rubrics and annotation tools.

Is there a way to prevent Brightspace from converting the page numbers to the left side?

Tagged:

Answers

• David.M.27
    Options

Scot,

The document is rendered as a PDF before being inserted into the annotating view for the instructor. Sometimes, formatting options in the submitted papers may change orientation when converted, thus relocating certain features (like page numbers). Since this issue is tied to conversion, I'm not confident that a fix is available in the tool, but I'll look into it more closely. Once I learn more, I'll continue in this thread.

Sincerely,

David

• Kevin.B.162
    Kevin.B.162 Posts: 1 🌱
    Options

Hi David, Have you heard any updates on this issue. We are seeing the same behavior.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Dan.G.389
    Dan.G.389 Posts: 1 🌱
    Options

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that we are also seeing the same behavior.

Thanks

Dan

• Steven.B.717
    Steven.B.717 Posts: 2 🔍
    Options
    Hello,

Is there any update on this issue yet? I am still having the exact scenario happening leaving my grades affected.

Thanks,
    Steven