👉 Check out the New D2L Adventure Group to connect with engaging and accessible resources for best practices to empower K12 Members at every point on their educational adventures ⛰️

Multiple Choice Quiz is Pending Evaluation

Options
Chelsey.Y.865
Chelsey.Y.865 Posts: 75 🌱

I have created a new multiple choice quiz and when I test it, it says "Pending Evaluation". Just to clarify, there are no written response questions in this quiz -- only multiple choice questions.

Another multiple choice quiz I made in the past is working as expected and giving a percentage mark upon completion.

I'm not sure why I'm getting different results for the same type of quiz. What I can do to have the multiple choice quiz be self marking?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Chelsey.Y.865
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It happened with another quiz, but then resolved itself some how...

• Chelsey.Y.865
    Answer ✓
    Options

After further experimentation, I think that the issue is that the quiz needs to be saved at the bottom of the page before previewing it (even though the individual changes were already saved).

Answers

• Julie.L.787
    Julie.L.787 Posts: 277 admin
    Options

@Yeslech ,

So nice hearing from you again!

I'm connecting you with our best practices for the quizzing tool documentation in case it's helpful. A few things to keep in mind when setting all questions to Multiple Choice are:

• Each question should have one designated correct answer
    • The weight field should always be equal to 100.
    • If you have questions whose correct answer is 'All of the above', the 'Randomize option' will not be best, as it mixes up the answers every time a learner takes the quiz.

If you continue to experience difficulty, we recommend creating a support ticket so that our folks can take a closer peek at your Brightspace learning instance and settings.

• Chelsey.Y.865
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi Julie, truth be told on our old platform this was a drag and drop quiz that I converted into a multiple choice quiz. I love the drag and drop quiz and am hoping that D2L Brightspace will develop something similar in the future.

For my multiple choice questions, I had two answers to choose between for the questions. Is this the issue?

Is there a different style of question that would work as well as a drag and drop quiz? I would love to see real examples of each question type, if such a thing exists.

• Darrin.R.505
    Darrin.R.505 Posts: 16 🌱
    Options

I'm having this issue, as well. My preview attempts all end with "Evaluation Pending," and even when I check the option to grade this preview in the quiz grading area, no attempt appears in that area.

I've been going through the questions one by one (imported from moodle; several discarded because of Brightspace's limitations on question types, incorrect importing of questions, and other issues), but this doesn't seem to resolve the issue. I'm concerned that my students, who take this exam in a few hours, will have the same problem.