Submission Views ?

Options
Randall.S.394
Randall.S.394 Posts: 13 🌱
edited October 2023 in Higher Ed / Postsecondary

How can you set Submission Views using the new Quiz create/edit experience?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ricardo.S.110
    Ricardo.S.110 Posts: 123
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi Randall.

In order to set up Submission Views using the New Quiz Experience, please take the following steps:

1. On the navbar, click Quizzes.
    2. On the Manage Quizzes page, click the quiz you want to create a submission view for.
    3. Click on the Evaluation and Feedback drop-down list.
    4. Click Customize Quiz Results Displays.
    5. Click Edit View to customize the submission view.
      1. The questions are visible to learners in the submission view, select one of the four following options to specify how you want the questions to appear.
        • Show questions answered incorrectly - Only incorrectly answered questions appear in the submission view.
        • Show questions answered correctly - Only correctly answered questions appear in the submission view.
        • Show all questions without user responses - All quiz questions appear in the submission view. However, learner responses are not displayed.
        • Show all questions with user responses - All quiz questions and learner responses are displayed in the submission view.
    6. Click Update.

You can also find additional info regarding creating a quiz using the New create/edit experience in the article below:

Welcome to the New Quiz Creation Experience - Brightspace (d2l.com)

• Randall.S.394
    Randall.S.394 Posts: 13 🌱
    Options

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed for my faculty.

• Isadora.M.430
    Options

This YouTube tutorial needs to be updated:

Also, there seems to be a usability issue. It's easy to miss the Create button. Instructors often lose their new submission views because the settings do not get auto-saved when they click OK

• Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 179 admin
    Options

Hi @Isadora.M.430 ,

Thank you for highlighting this to us and helping make our documentation better! I will connect your feedback with our Knowledge team.

• Andrea.B.236
    Andrea.B.236 Posts: 179 admin
    Options

Hi @Isadora.M.430 ,

I am circling back to this great feedback you gave us. There is now an updated version to this workflow in our Brightspace Video Tutorials! You can check out our new video on Customize the Quiz Results Display.