Customized certificates e-mailed to users work e-mails?

Options
Shawn.Bell7218
Shawn.Bell7218 Posts: 28 🌱
edited November 2022 in Customer Enablement

If a staff completed a course with a certificate, is there a way to send them a customized certificate with their name and date of completion with expiry or do they have to login to D2L to access this certificate for printing?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• Stefanie.B.518
    Stefanie.B.518 Posts: 461 admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @Shawn Bell​  Here's an approach that I've taken, that I hope will be a happy medium. In short, I don't know of a way to send the certificate in the automated email to all users with their names/dates filled in- but this is a close second.

What I tested was an Intelligent Agent that you can run manually, or on a schedule that looks for users in the course who have earned the course certificate. The automated email will include a hyperlink to the awards tool, to help remind the user where and when to save or print a copy of their course completion certificate.

Here are the settings I applied in the intelligent agent:

Role in Classlist: Users with specific role -> student

Login Activity: none

Course Activity: none

Release Conditions: Awards Earned-> Course certificate

Agent Action

Action repetition: take action only the first time the agent's criteria are satisfied for a user

Send an Email: Send an email when criteria are satisfied

To : {InitiatingUser}

Subject: Course Completion

Contents: Hello {InitiatingUserFirstName},

Great work completing ___(Insert the name of your course)_______. Be sure to save or print a copy of the course certificate from the Awards Tool!

*Note* Use the quicklinks tool to insert a url for the words "Awards Tool." Make sure you login as a test student to get the url for the awards tool, it should look something like https://nameOfInstance.brightspace.com/d2l/awards/OU#/#/myAwards

Insert the student view of awards url into the quicklink.

When the Intelligent Agent runs the users who have met the criteria will see an email that looks like the screen shot I've provided.

The nice part about this approach is that provided you have inserted a replace string into the certificate itself- this one email will bring each user to the awards tool where they will see their own name and expiration on their certificate. IntelligentAgentEmail

Hope that helps Shawn

-Stef

• Stefanie.B.518
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Shawn Bell​ I almost forgot- the only other piece that could be missing from a successful delivery of the IA, is just making sure that the employee profiles list their work emails.

• Shawn.Bell7218
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Stefanie Baldwin​ thank you so much for your clear and detailed response. I was able to set this up effectively with your support. Thanks for relieving my stress, have a great day!

• Stefanie.B.518
    edited November 2022
    Options

I'm so glad @Shawn Bell​ ! Your comment just made my day!

Happy Halloween Friend! 🎃

• Shawn.Bell7218
    edited November 2022
    Options

I'm glad! You too @Stefanie Baldwin​  🎃