Tagging people in discussion posts

Hi! I thought that tagging someone in a post would alert them somehow but my colleague tagged me and I received no notifications or alerts (either in Brightspace or even via email). Any thoughts on how to make sure that learners get notifications when tagged?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Vi.T.743,

Thank you for reaching Brightspace Community!

You can set the default state of email notifications for new users at the organizational level to ensure that they receive announcements, course updates, and alerts when they are tagged in discussion posts and threads.

1. From the Admin Tools menu, under User Related, click Notifications.
    2. Set the default email summary frequency.
    3. Under Notification Defaults, select the different course components that you want new users to be notified about by email.
    4. Click Save.

Once the Notifications settings are saved it will apply to all new users going forward.

Users can override these default settings by updating their notification preferences. Click on the User name > Notifications> Select the Discussions notification needed.

More resources: Discussion notification.

Set Default notification option

You may check your notification if you have the discussion email notification setting is enabled.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

• Vi.T.743
    Vi.T.743 Posts: 9 🌱

Is there a way to change this for all of your learners?

• Vi.T.743

Hmm, yes that's turned on but we still don't get it. Is it because we're faciliators?

• Hi Vi.T.743,

Can you check if you have the Discussion tool permission " Can receive Notifications" enabled for your role, this can be found from the Admin tool> Roles and Permissions> Filter by Discussions tool.

As of now there is no option to force default the notification for the users, they have control over their own notifications. 

Hope this helps !

• Vi.T.743

That does help, in a sense! I checked it and did turn on notifications at the org level but the notifications were already turned on at the course level so not sure why it didn't work. Thank you!