Creating filtered graphs with insights portal

Options
Steve.R.276
Steve.R.276 Posts: 10 🌱

Hi,

This might be a very unique question, but I've got a bunch of open ended survey results, where I've asked people what they'd like to see more of. Is there a way I can sort by key words in the graph, so the X axis is the key words, so for example, a key word could diabetes and the data that gets pulled, is number of comments that contain the word 'diabetes'. I'd want all the keywords to be across the X axis and the bar representing the number of times they were mentioned.

Also, as an extra hail marry, if I could also create sub categories with some of the key words that'd be amazing. For example, Cancer, and then a stacked bar chart for bowel cancer, prostate cancer, breast caner etc.

Thanks

Steve

Answers

• Steve.B.446
    Steve.B.446 Posts: 68
    Options

Hi Steve

My first thought is whether the WordCloud chart (under 'other') would give an alternative way of looking at this, out of the box?

To do what you suggest, I would use a series of formulas, one for each keyword, with a formula like

case when comment like '%diabetes% then 1 else 0 End

you can then sum those in your dashboard to get the totals, maybe doing something with the pivot functions.

• Steve.R.276
    Steve.R.276 Posts: 10 🌱
    Options

Ah! A word cloud might be a good idea! If I could add key words, that might be a good visual representation of the data, at this stage, every answer is so unique the way it's written, it won't auto generate a good chart.

How do you add a formula for key words in the insights portal?

Thanks for your help so far